Aside from the many misconceptions and straight out lies created by the industry, regarding the safety and even the necessity of GMOs, there is an ever growing number of studies warning of its dangers not only for human health but the environment as a whole.
- 2009: GM soy herbicide linked to birth defects
- 2009: Study proves 3 Monsanto corn varieties' noxiousness to the organism
- 2010: GM maize 'has polluted rivers across the United States'
- 2010: Genetically Modified soy linked to sterility, infant mortality
- 2010: Big Ag lobbyists wrote UK government's report on GM foods
And if these aren't enough, the documentaries The Future of Food and The World According to Monsanto will give you a scoop into the technology, the industry and the people behind GMOs. Once you learn about it, you'll never look at your plate the same way and, hopefully, it'll become obvious what is driving the Organic movement and why it's so vital.
|The Future of Food documentary film|