Monday 22 November 2010

The Big Bang Theory and Easter Eggs

The Big Bang Theory sitcom is my latest obsession. I know, I'm 3 years late and I have no excuse!

But, it's refreshing to find a comedy series where geekiness, nerdiness and intelligence is no longer ridiculed or feared. Ok, maybe it is ridiculed a little but in an endearing sort of way. Perhaps this is it, a symptom of the evolution of human consciousness reaching a point where the strange and odd is not only embraced but actually explored with curiosity and celebrated. Or maybe Hollywood just ran out of Joey jokes.

Either way, one of the oddities of the series is that each episode has an "Easter egg" (Google Easter Egg if clueless). This flashes for a second before the end credits, in the form of text written by the show's creator, Chuck Lorre. Below is the screenshot of the text in episode 9 of the first series, which I found rather hmm... wholesome.

The Big Bang Theory S01E09 Easter Egg

No comments: